Tuesday 29 March 2011

I get to speak to the Supervisor

After listening to a few tunes the Supervisor finally comes online.
Whereas the first Customer Service agent was able to look at the Virgin Media website and see what I was talking about the supervisor claims she cannot see it. She asks for my password and pin number so that she can access my account page to see what I am talking about.
I wasn’t very thrilled by this idea but thought what the hell I am going to cancel this account anyway and try a different ISP. So I gave her the information and went back on hold while she had a look.
A few tunes later she comes back and said no problem, all you had to do was tick the box for "no" and press "Continue".
I pointed out that doing either ticking the box or pressing “Continue” were the only choices and both signed you up for a lifetime of Spam.
Virgin Media have just signed me up for my details to be passed to other companies……Thank you very much, I get enough Spam already.
I thought about the old adage of being “promoted to your level of incompetence” but dismissed the idea in favor of thinking that she probably knew exactly what she was doing so I asked to speak to her supervisor.
Of course, the normal answer of “There is no one senior to me here, I will get someone to phone you in about an hour”
I asked a silly question, "Do you have any escalation procedure to follow when you cannot deal with a problem" She said it all, "No, nothing that I have ever heard about!.
It is a good job I am retired as I have a feeling this is also “Virginspeak” for “Another punter dealt with” as I know from bitter experience they never phone back.

No comments:

Post a Comment