Tuesday 29 March 2011

Virgin Media forces me to accept Spam

I signed into my Virgin Media account this morning with the intention of paying my monthly subscription. Or at least I tried.
Being greeted with a page asking me to verify my details I immediately suspected that it was some spammer impersonating the Virgin Media site. After all Virgin Media manage to issue me with an invoice each month so why would they need to verify anything?
After doing some checks I found that the page was indeed coming from Virgin Media so decided to proceed.
That is, until I came upon a page that forced me to accept my details being passed to other companies. They have so designed their site so that it is impossible to log into my account without agreement to my details being passed to other companies.
I give credit to the guy that designed the scam because it would be so easy to think that because you hadn’t ticked a little agreement box you would remain spam free.
Note to Richard Branson: Why do you allow your company name to be associated with these people?
I will contact "customer service" and see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment